How to Make Take 5 Cookies: The Ultimate Guide
Hello, Good News! Welcome to our blog, where we share delicious recipes, tips, and tricks for baking and cooking. Today, we are going to show you how to make one of our favorite treats: take 5 cookies. These cookies are chewy, crunchy, salty, and sweet, and they are loaded with chocolate, peanut butter, pretzels, caramel, and peanuts. They are inspired by the famous Take 5 candy bar, which has been around since 2004. If you love the combination of sweet and salty flavors, you will love these cookies!
In this article, we will cover everything you need to know about making take 5 cookies, from the ingredients and equipment you will need, to the step-by-step instructions and tips for success. We will also answer some frequently asked questions about take 5 cookies, and provide a detailed table breakdown of the nutritional information, calories, and cost per serving. By the end of this article, you will be ready to bake your own batch of take 5 cookies and enjoy them with your family and friends.
What are Take 5 Cookies?
Take 5 cookies are soft and chewy cookies that have a chocolate base and are filled with peanut butter chips, chopped pretzels, caramel bits, and chopped peanuts. They are topped with more chocolate and a sprinkle of sea salt for extra flavor and crunch. They are named after the Take 5 candy bar, which has the same ingredients in a chocolate-coated bar form. The candy bar was originally called Max 5 in Canada and PB Max in the US, but it was rebranded as Take 5 in 2004 to emphasize its five main components.
The idea behind take 5 cookies is to combine all the flavors and textures that people love in a candy bar into a cookie form. They are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth, as well as for sharing with others as a gift or a party snack. They are also easy to make, as you only need one bowl and a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. You can also customize them by adding or swapping some of the ingredients, such as using different types of nuts or chips, or drizzling them with white chocolate or caramel sauce.
Why You Should Make Take 5 Cookies
There are many reasons why you should make take 5 cookies at least once in your life. Here are some of them:
- They are delicious. This is the most obvious reason why you should make take 5 cookies. They have a rich chocolate flavor that is balanced by the salty and nutty elements of the peanut butter, pretzels, caramel, and peanuts. They are also soft and chewy on the inside, but crispy and crunchy on the outside. They are like having a candy bar and a cookie in one bite.
- They are easy to make. You don’t need any special skills or equipment to make take 5 cookies. You just need one bowl, a microwave or a stovetop, a baking sheet, and an oven. You also don’t need to chill the dough or use a mixer. You can whip up a batch of take 5 cookies in less than an hour.
- They are versatile. You can customize your take 5 cookies by using different types of nuts or chips, such as almonds, cashews, walnuts, white chocolate chips, or butterscotch chips. You can also drizzle them with white chocolate or caramel sauce for extra decadence. You can also make them gluten-free by using gluten-free flour and pretzels.
- They are fun to make. Making take 5 cookies is a great activity to do with your kids or friends. You can have fun mixing the ingredients, shaping the dough balls, pressing them down with your fingers or a fork, and decorating them with chocolate and salt. You can also enjoy eating them together while they are still warm and gooey.
How to Store Take 5 Cookies
If you have any leftovers of your take 5 cookies (which is unlikely), you will want to store them properly to keep them fresh and tasty. Here are some tips on how to store take 5 cookies:
- Store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. This will prevent them from drying out or getting stale.
- Freeze them in a freezer-safe bag or container for up to three months. This will preserve their flavor and texture. To thaw them, let them sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes before eating.
- Microwave them for about 10 seconds before eating if you want to enjoy them warm and soft. This will melt the chocolate and caramel and make them more gooey.
What You Need to Make Take 5 Cookies
Before you start making your take 5 cookies, you will need to gather the ingredients and equipment you will need. Here is a list of what you need to make take 5 cookies:
To make about 24 take 5 cookies, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) of brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cups (156 grams) of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (21 grams) of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup (128 grams) of peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup (64 grams) of chopped pretzels
- 1/4 cup (40 grams) of caramel bits
- 1/4 cup (36 grams) of chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup (43 grams) of semisweet chocolate chips
- Sea salt flakes for sprinkling (optional)
To make your take 5 cookies, you will need the following equipment:
- A large microwave-safe bowl or a small saucepan
- A wooden spoon or a rubber spatula
- A large mixing bowl
- A whisk or a fork
- A measuring cup and spoons
- A baking sheet
- Parchment paper or a silicone baking mat
- A cookie scoop or a tablespoon
- A microwave or a stovetop
- An oven
- A wire rack
- A small microwave-safe bowl or a ziplock bag (for melting the chocolate chips)
- A fork or a spoon (for drizzling the chocolate)
How to Make Take 5 Cookies: Step-by-Step Instructions
Now that you have everything you need, you are ready to make your take 5 cookies. Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to make take 5 cookies:
Step 1: Preheat the oven and line the baking sheet.
The first step is to preheat your oven to 350°F (177°C) and line your baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. This will prevent your cookies from sticking to the pan and make them easier to remove later.
Step 2: Melt the butter and whisk in the sugars, egg, and vanilla.
The next step is to melt your butter in a large microwave-safe bowl or a small saucepan over low heat. You can do this in the microwave for about 30 seconds, or on the stovetop for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Be careful not to overheat or burn your butter, as this will affect the texture and flavor of your cookies.
Once your butter is melted, whisk in your granulated sugar and brown sugar until well combined. Then, whisk in your egg and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
Step 3: Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
The next step is to add your flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt to your butter mixture. You can do this by sifting them together over the bowl, or by whisking them together in a separate bowl and then adding them gradually. Whisk or stir until you have a thick and sticky dough.
Step 4: Stir in the peanut butter chips, pretzels, caramel bits, and peanuts.
The next step is to stir in your peanut butter chips, chopped pretzels, caramel bits, and chopped peanuts. You can use a wooden spoon or a rubber spatula for this. Make sure to distribute them evenly throughout the dough.
Step 5: Scoop out the dough balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
The next step is to scoop out about two tablespoons of dough for each cookie and roll them into balls. You can use a cookie scoop or a tablespoon for this. Place them on your preparedbaking sheet, leaving some space between them. You can flatten them slightly with your fingers or a fork if you want.
The next step is to bake your cookies in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are set and the tops are slightly cracked. The cookies will still be soft in the center, but they will firm up as they cool.
The next step is to let your cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. This will prevent them from overbaking or breaking apart.
The final step is to melt your chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl or a ziplock bag. You can do this in the microwave for about 15 seconds, or on the stovetop over low heat, stirring frequently. Be careful not to overheat or burn your chocolate, as this will make it clumpy and bitter.
Once your chocolate is melted, drizzle it over your cookies using a fork or a spoon. You can also sprinkle some sea salt flakes over the chocolate for extra flavor and crunch. Let the chocolate set before serving or storing your cookies.
Table Breakdown of Take 5 Cookies
To help you plan your budget and nutrition, we have prepared a table breakdown of the ingredients, cost, calories, and macronutrients of take 5 cookies. The table is based on the following assumptions:
- The prices are in Australian dollars and are taken from Woolworths online as of August 27, 2023.
- The serving size is one cookie (about 45 grams).
- The nutritional information is calculated using MyFitnessPal online calculator.
|Unsalted butter||1/2 cup (113 grams)||$1.13||813||0 g||92 g||1 g|
|Granulated sugar||1/2 cup (100 grams)||$0.14||387||100 g||0 g||0 g|
|Brown sugar||1/4 cup (50 grams)||$0.07||193||50 g||0 g||0 g|
|Egg||1 large (50 grams)||$0.30||72||0 g||5 g|
|Vanilla extract||1 teaspoon (5 grams)||$0.08||12||0 g||0 g||0 g|
|All-purpose flour||1 and 1/4 cups (156 grams)||$0.16||559||117 g||1 g16 g|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||1/4 cup (21 grams)||$0.14||49||12 g3 g4 g|
|Baking soda||1/2 teaspoon (3 grams)$0.0100 g0 g0 g|
|Salt||1/4 teaspoon (1 gram)$0.0000 g0 g0 g|
|Peanut butter chips3/4 cup (128 grams)$2.0067264 g40 g16 g|
|Pretzels||1/2 cup (64 grams)$0.2424052 g2 g6 g|
|Caramel bits||1/4 cup (40 grams)$0.4016032 g||4 g||0 g|
|Peanuts||1/4 cup (36 grams)$0.182067 g18 g9 g|
|Semisweet chocolate chips||1/4 cup (43 grams)$0.4323030 g13 g2 g|
|Sea salt flakes (optional)A pinch (1 gram)$0.0100 g0 g0 g|
|Total||–||$5.19||3593||462 g||176 g||60 g|
|Average per serving (one cookie)||–||$0.22||150|