Hello, Good News! If you are looking for a delicious and easy dessert recipe that will satisfy your sweet tooth, you have come to the right place. In this article, we will show you how to make strawberry crumble cookies at home, using simple ingredients and a few tips and tricks. These cookies are soft, chewy, and bursting with strawberry flavor, topped with a crunchy streusel and a creamy frosting. They are perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a birthday party, a picnic, or just a cozy night in.
Strawberry crumble cookies are inspired by the popular Crumbl Cookies, a bakery chain that offers freshly baked and home delivered cookies in various flavors. One of their signature cookies is the strawberry crunch cookie, which has a loyal fan base among cookie lovers. However, you don’t need to go to a Crumbl store or order online to enjoy these cookies. You can make them yourself with some basic ingredients and tools that you probably already have in your kitchen. Plus, you can customize them to your liking by adding different toppings or fillings.
What You Need to Make Strawberry Crumble Cookies
To make strawberry crumble cookies, you will need the following ingredients:
- Strawberry cake mix: This is the base of the cookie dough and gives it the strawberry flavor and color. You can use any brand of cake mix that you prefer, as long as it is strawberry flavored.
- Vegetable oil: This helps to moisten the cake mix and make the cookies soft and chewy.
- Eggs: These act as a binder for the cake mix and also add some richness and structure to the cookies.
- Cream cheese: This is the main ingredient of the frosting that goes on top of the cookies. It adds a tangy and creamy contrast to the sweet cookies.
- Powdered sugar: This sweetens the cream cheese frosting and also helps to thicken it.
- Heavy cream: This adds some extra creaminess and lightness to the frosting. You can also use milk or half-and-half instead.
- Golden Oreos: These are crushed and mixed with strawberry Jello and melted butter to make the crunchy topping that goes over the frosting. You can also use vanilla wafers or graham crackers instead of Oreos.
- Strawberry Jello: This adds some extra strawberry flavor and color to the crunchy topping. You can also use other flavors of Jello, such as cherry or raspberry, if you like.
- Melted butter: This helps to bind the crushed Oreos and Jello together and also adds some richness and flavor to the topping.
To make strawberry crumble cookies, you will need the following tools:
- A large mixing bowl: This is where you will combine the cake mix, oil, and eggs to make the cookie dough.
- A baking sheet: This is where you will drop the cookie dough and bake the cookies in the oven. You can line it with parchment paper or spray it with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- A small spatula: This is useful for shaping the cookies into circles after they come out of the oven.
- A wire rack: This is where you will let the cookies cool completely before frosting them.
- Another large mixing bowl: This is where you will whip up the cream cheese frosting using an electric mixer or a whisk.
- A piping bag or a ziplock bag: This is what you will use to pipe the frosting over the cooled cookies. You can also use a knife or a spoon instead.
- A ziplock bag or a food processor: This is what you will use to crush the Oreos into fine crumbs. You can also use a rolling pin or your hands instead.
- A small bowl: This is where you will mix the crushed Oreos, Jello, and melted butter together to make the crunchy topping.
- A spoon: This is what you will use to sprinkle the topping over the frosted cookies.
How to Make Strawberry Crumble Cookies
Step 1: Make the Cookie Dough
The first step is to make the cookie dough using the strawberry cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs. Here’s how:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (177°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray it with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cake mix, oil, and eggs. Stir well with a wooden spoon or an electric mixer until a smooth and thick dough forms.
- Drop 8 large spoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between them. You can also use a cookie scoop or an ice cream scoop to make the cookies more uniform in size.
Step 2: Bake the Cookies
The next step is to bake the cookies in the oven until they are slightly golden and set. Here’s how:
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, or until they are lightly browned on the edges and firm to the touch.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool slightly on the baking sheet.
- Use a small spatula to shape the cookies into circles if they have expanded and touched while baking.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let them cool completely before frosting them.
Step 3: Make the Frosting
The third step is to make the frosting using the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and heavy cream. Here’s how:
- In another large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese and beat it with an electric mixer or a whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Add the powdered sugar and beat again until well combined and fluffy.
- Gradually add the heavy cream as needed to adjust the consistency of the frosting. You want it to be thick enough to hold its shape but thin enough to pipe easily.
- Transfer the frosting to a piping bag or a ziplock bag with one corner snipped off.
Step 4: Frost the Cookies
The fourth step is to frost the cooled cookies using the piping bag or ziplock bag. Here’s how:
- Pipe a generous amount of frosting over each cookie, covering most of the surface.
- You can also use a knife or a spoon to spread the frosting over the cookies if you don’t have a piping bag or ziplock bag.
Step 5: Make the Topping
The fifth step is to make the topping using the golden Oreos, strawberry Jello, and melted butter. Here’s how:
- Add the Oreos to a ziplock bag or a food processor and crush them into fine crumbs. You can also use a rolling pin or your hands to crush them in a bowl.
- Add the Jello to the crushed Oreos and mix well until evenly distributed.
- Add the melted butter and mix well until moistened and clumpy.
Step 6: Sprinkle the Topping
The final step is to sprinkle the topping over the frosted cookies. Here’s how:
- Use a spoon to sprinkle some of the topping over each cookie, covering most of the frosting.
- You can also use your fingers to gently press some of the topping into the frosting if you want it to stick better.
Nutritional Information and Serving Suggestions
If you are wondering about the nutritional information and serving suggestions for these strawberry crumble cookies, here are some details:
|Nutrient||Amount per cookie (1/8 of recipe)||% Daily Value*|
|Saturated fat||12 g||60%|