Hello, Good News! Welcome to another delicious and festive article from your favorite baking blog. Today, we are going to show you how to make the cutest gnome cookie cups for Christmas. These adorable treats are perfect for adding some whimsy and fun to your holiday table. They are also super easy to make and only require a few ingredients.
Gnome cookie cups are basically sugar cookies baked in a mini muffin tin and topped with a strawberry hat and a candy nose. They look like little Santa gnomes with white icing beards. They are so sweet and tasty, you won’t be able to resist them. Plus, they are a great way to use up some fresh strawberries that might be going bad in your fridge.
Why You Should Make Gnome Cookie Cups
There are many reasons why you should make gnome cookie cups for Christmas. Here are some of them:
- They are super cute and festive. They will make your guests smile and admire your creativity.
- They are easy and quick to make. You don’t need any special skills or tools to make them. You can even use store-bought cookie dough and icing if you want to save some time.
- They are delicious and satisfying. They have a soft and chewy cookie base, a creamy and sweet icing filling, and a juicy and tangy strawberry topping. They are a perfect balance of flavors and textures.
So, what are you waiting for? Grab your ingredients and let’s get started!
What You Need to Make Gnome Cookie Cups
To make gnome cookie cups, you will need the following ingredients:
- Refrigerated sugar cookie dough (or your favorite homemade sugar cookie dough)
- White icing (you can use store-bought or homemade)
- Fresh strawberries (with the tops cut off)
- Pink candies (such as M&M’s, Skittles, or Smarties)
You will also need the following tools:
- A mini muffin tin
- Cooking spray or mini cupcake liners
- A small scoop or spoon
- A piping bag or a ziplock bag with a corner cut off
- A toothpick
How to Make Gnome Cookie Cups
Here are the steps to make gnome cookie cups:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and spray your mini muffin tin with cooking spray or line it with mini cupcake liners.
- Place one cookie dough ball into each muffin cup. You don’t need to flatten or roll them.
- Bake the cookies for 12 to 15 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and place them on a wire rack to cool slightly.
- While the cookies are still warm, use a small scoop or spoon to gently press the cookies into a cup shape.
- Let the cookies cool completely before removing them from the pan.
- Wash your strawberries and cut off the tops in a V shape. This will create a hat shape when you turn them upside down.
- Fill a piping bag or a ziplock bag with white icing and pipe some icing into each cookie cup. Be generous with the icing as this will create the beard effect.
- Place a strawberry on top of each cookie cup, upside down, pressing it slightly into the icing.
- Place a pink candy under each strawberry, in the middle of the icing, to make the nose.
- Use a toothpick to spread some of the icing around the nose and under the strawberry to make the beard more realistic.
- Pipe a small dot of icing on top of each strawberry to make the pom-pom of the hat.
Tips and Tricks for Making Gnome Cookie Cups
How to Store Gnome Cookie Cups
Gnome cookie cups are best enjoyed fresh, but you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months. To thaw them, let them sit at room temperature for about an hour before serving.
How to Customize Gnome Cookie Cups
You can customize gnome cookie cups in many ways. Here are some ideas:
- You can use different colors of candies for the noses, such as green, yellow, or blue.
- You can use different flavors of icing, such as chocolate, vanilla, or cream cheese.
- You can use different types of cookies, such as gingerbread, oatmeal, or peanut butter.
- You can use different fruits for the hats, such as raspberries, blueberries, or cherries.
- You can add some sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, or nuts to the icing for some extra crunch and decoration.
How to Make Gnome Cookie Cups Ahead of Time
If you want to make gnome cookie cups ahead of time, you can bake the cookies and store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. You can also prepare the strawberries and store them in a ziplock bag in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When you are ready to assemble the cookie cups, just pipe the icing and add the strawberries and candies.
Gnome Cookie Cups Nutrition Facts
Here is a table that shows the nutrition facts for one gnome cookie cup, based on using refrigerated sugar cookie dough and store-bought white icing. The values may vary depending on the brand and type of ingredients you use.
|Nutrient||Amount||% Daily Value|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g||8%|
|Trans Fat||0 g||0%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|