Hello, Good News! Welcome to our blog, where we share with you the best recipes and tips for baking amazing cookies. In this article, we will show you how to make garlic cookies, a savory treat that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you want to impress your guests, enjoy a snack with your family, or just satisfy your cravings, garlic cookies are the way to go.
Garlic cookies are not as weird as they sound. In fact, they are very tasty and easy to make. They have a crunchy texture and a buttery flavor, with a hint of garlic that adds a nice kick. Garlic cookies are great for pairing with cheese, dips, soups, salads, or even wine. They are also vegan and gluten-free, so you can enjoy them without any guilt.
What You Need to Make Garlic Cookies
To make garlic cookies, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1/4 cup of vegan butter, softened
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 cup of gluten-free all-purpose flour
You will also need the following tools:
- A large mixing bowl
- A wooden spoon or an electric mixer
- A baking sheet
- Parchment paper or cooking spray
- A cookie cutter or a knife
- A cooling rack
How to Make Garlic Cookies: Step by Step Instructions
Once you have gathered all the ingredients and tools, you can start making your garlic cookies by following these simple steps:
Step 1: Preheat the oven and prepare the baking sheet
Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F) and line your baking sheet with parchment paper or spray it with cooking spray. This will prevent your cookies from sticking to the pan and make them easier to remove.
Step 2: Cream the butter and sugar
In a large mixing bowl, cream the vegan butter and sugar together with a wooden spoon or an electric mixer until light and fluffy. This will help your cookies have a soft and tender texture.
Step 3: Add the garlic and salt
Add the minced garlic and salt to the butter-sugar mixture and mix well. This will give your cookies a savory flavor and aroma.
Step 4: Add the baking powder and flour
Add the baking powder and gluten-free flour to the bowl and mix well until a smooth dough forms. You may need to use your hands to knead the dough a bit. If the dough is too sticky, you can add more flour. If it is too dry, you can add more butter or water.
On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thick. Use a cookie cutter or a knife to cut out your desired shapes. You can use any shape you like, such as circles, squares, stars, hearts, etc. You can also use a fork to make some patterns on the cookies if you want.
Place the cookies on the prepared baking sheet and bake them in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. The baking time may vary depending on the size and thickness of your cookies, so keep an eye on them.
Once the cookies are done baking, remove them from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes. Then transfer them to a cooling rack and let them cool completely. This will help them crisp up and prevent them from breaking.
A Table Breakdown of Garlic Cookies Recipe
| Ingredient | Amount | Calories | Benefits |
| Vegan butter | 1/4 cup | 407 | Provides healthy fats and moisture |
| Granulated sugar | 1/4 cup | 194 | Adds sweetness and helps cookies spread |
| Minced garlic | 2 tablespoons | 27 | Enhances flavor and boosts immunity |
| Salt | 1/4 teaspoon | 0 | Balances sweetness and improves texture |
| Baking powder | 1/4 teaspoon | 1 | Helps cookies rise and become fluffy |
| Gluten-free all-purpose flour | 1 cup | 440 | Provides structure and binds ingredients |
| **Total** | **-** | **1069** | **-** |
The table above shows the breakdown of the ingredients used in the garlic cookies recipe, along with their amounts, calories, and benefits. As you can see, the recipe is quite simple and uses only six ingredients. The total calories for the whole batch of cookies is 1069, which means each cookie (assuming you make 24 cookies) has about 45 calories. This is quite low compared to other cookies, which can have up to 200 calories per piece. The recipe also has some health benefits, such as providing healthy fats, boosting immunity, and being vegan and gluten-free.
FAQs About Garlic Cookies Recipe
Can I use regular butter and flour instead of vegan and gluten-free?
Yes, you can use regular butter and flour instead of vegan and gluten-free if you prefer or if you have dietary restrictions. However, this may change the texture and flavor of your cookies slightly. Regular butter may make your cookies more greasy and less crispy, while regular flour may make your cookies more chewy and less tender. You may also need to adjust the amount of butter and flour depending on the type and brand you use.
Yes, you can add other ingredients to the garlic cookies recipe to make them more interesting and delicious. For example, you can add some herbs, spices, cheese, nuts, seeds, dried fruits, chocolate chips, or anything else you like. Just make sure to adjust the amount of butter and flour accordingly and not to overdo it. You don’t want to overpower the garlic flavor or make your cookies too dense or crumbly.
You can store the garlic cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week or in the refrigerator for up to a month. You can also freeze them for up to three months. To thaw them, just leave them at room temperature for a few hours or microwave them for a few seconds. You can also reheat them in the oven for a few minutes to make them crispier.
You can serve the garlic cookies as they are or with some accompaniments. Some of the best ways to enjoy them are:
- With cheese: You can pair your garlic cookies with some cheese, such as cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, or any other cheese you like. You can either spread the cheese on top of the cookies or cut some slices and place them between two cookies.
- With dips: You can dip your garlic cookies in some dips, such as hummus, salsa, guacamole, pesto, or any other dip you like. You can either make your own dips or buy some ready-made ones from the store.
- With soups: You can use your garlic cookies as croutons for your soups, such as tomato soup, vegetable soup, mushroom soup, or any other soup you like. You can either break the cookies into small pieces and sprinkle them on top of the soup or dip them in the soup.
- With salads: You can use your garlic cookies as a base for your salads, such as green salad, fruit salad, pasta salad, or any other salad you like. You can either layer the salad ingredients on top of the cookies or chop them up and mix them with the salad.
- With wine: You can enjoy your garlic cookies with some wine, such as red wine, white wine, rosé wine, or any other wine you like. You can either sip the wine while nibbling on the cookies or soak the cookies in the wine for a few minutes before eating them.
We hope you enjoyed this article on how to make garlic cookies. Garlic cookies are a delicious and easy treat that you can make with just a few ingredients and tools. They are perfect for any occasion and can be served in many ways. They are also vegan and gluten-free, so you can eat them without any worries.
If you liked this article, please share it with your friends and family. Also, don’t forget to check out our other articles on baking amazing cookies. We have many more recipes and tips for you to try. Happy baking!
The article is complete. .